OpenAI announced this week that its official ChatGPT app for iPhone and iPad is now available in more than 40 countries in addition to the US. The app first launched in the United States last week, and OpenAI promised that it will expand to more countries in the coming weeks.
As of today, the app can be used in Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Estonia, France, Germany, Ghana, India, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica. , Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Kuwait, Lebanon, Lithuania, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Peru, Poland, Qatar, Slovenia, Tunisia, United States United Arab Emirates, Great Britain and the United States.
OpenAI’s ChatGPT has long been available on the web and was previously available on iOS through several third-party apps, most of which are little better than scam apps, but the legitimate app gives users a safe way to use ChatGPT.
For those unfamiliar with ChatGPT, it’s an AI-powered chatbot that uses generative artificial intelligence to answer questions and provide advice on all sorts of topics. OpenAI says ChatGPT can help with all of the following:
- Instant answers. Get accurate information without ads or sifting through multiple results.
- Customized advice. Seek guidance on cooking, travel plans, or crafting thoughtful messages.
- Creative inspiration. Create gift ideas, outline presentations or write the perfect poem.
- Professional investment. Increase productivity with idea feedback, note summarization, and technical support for topics.
- Learning opportunities. Explore new languages, modern history and more at your own pace.
History syncs across devices so you can see your ChatGPT interactions on both the web and iOS devices, and it integrates Whisper speech recognition.
The ChatGPT app is free to use, but it costs $19.99 per month for the ChatGPT Plus service. It’s the same price as available online, as Plus provides availability even when demand is high, faster response times, and priority access to new features like GPT-4, ChatGPT’s more advanced version.
An OpenAI account is required to use the ChatGPT app, which can be downloaded from the App Store. [Direct Link]