Android apps are designed in a way that is only possible on smartphones and tablets. However, there may be times when you need to run these apps on a Mac.
And if you are a business owner, it is very important for you to test the Android app on different platforms before releasing it to the public.
Read on to see how you can run Android apps on Mac devices without any hassle.
Using BlueStacks to run Android phone apps on macOS
The popular Android emulator, BlueStacks, allows Mac users to run Android apps on their desktop without any disruption to the operating system. BlueStacks is loaded with features that make it a popular choice among users to provide a virtual environment.
Before moving on to these features, let’s first take a look at the BlueStacks download process.
- Simply, navigate to the BlueStacks website and download the BlueStacks installer for Mac.
- Once the download is complete, start the installation process by clicking the installer icon.
- The screen will be illuminated with instructions that must be strictly followed while installing BlueStacks.
- After downloading the app, run it smoothly on your Mac.
- To run Android apps using BlueStacks, follow these steps:
- First, launch BlueStacks on your Mac.
- Use your Google account credentials to sign in to BlueStacks.
- Once signed in, simply access the Google Play Store from BlueStacks.
- Now search for the Android app you want to run and click on the install button.
- After completing the installation process, launch the app from BlueStacks.
Benefits of using BlueStacks
Among the many features of BlueStacks, the most attractive and beneficial is the app’s ability to provide a full-screen experience, giving you the experience of an Android device.
BlueStacks also offers a list of customizable features, including the ability to adjust screen resolution and brightness, as well as the amount of RAM allocated to the virtual Android device.
Running BlueStacks on Mac can lead to some common issues despite its benefits. Some of the most frequently reported issues include app crashes, compatibility issues, and sluggish performance. But the thing about these problems is that they are simple and therefore largely fixable. Most of the above problems can be easily solved by updating BlueStacks to its latest version, clearing the application cache or simply adjusting the virtual device settings.
Using Android Emulator to Run Android Apps on Mac
Apart from BlueStacks for running Android apps on Mac, another commonly used option is Android emulator. Android Emulator makes it easy for users to create a virtual Android environment and run Android apps in a specific environment.
To download Android Emulator, follow the steps below carefully.
- Select the type of Android Emulator you are going to use. Examples include android studio, Genymotion or NoxPlayer.
- Once selected, go to the emulator website and install the emulator software for Mac.
- After the download is complete, double-click the installer to start the installation process.
- After following the relevant instructions, launch the Android Emulator on your Mac.
Advantages of choosing an Android emulator
One of the most important advantages of Android Emulator is that it allows its users to test the respective apps on different Android versions and screen sizes. Emulators are also useful when it comes to providing a stable environment to run various Android apps.
Common issues faced by emulator users include compatibility issues, slow performance and app crashes. Allocating a higher level of memory to the virtual machine and adjusting the emulator settings will largely eliminate these issues.
Other methods of running Android apps on Mac OS X
Among these other options and methods, we have desktop connection at the top of the list. The method requires stable internet connection along with both Android and Mac device. Using software like TeamViewer or Chrome Remote Desktop, that user can remotely access an Android device from their Mac. This method is perfect for those looking for the perfect way to control their Mac’s keyboard and mouse.
The use of cloud-based services such as Appetize.io or BrowserStack has also increased over time. Cloud-based services allow their users to access a wide variety of virtual devices. Cloud-based services, to some extent, require some technical expertise to set up the system in the first place.
Arc welder is another effective method to use Android apps on Mac. In its true essence, it is a Chrome extension that allows its users to run custom apps, which are of course Android apps, on your Mac through the Chrome browser. It’s worth noting that the arc welder has limited support for Android apps, so it might not be the best choice for everyone out there.
How to use these other methods
- To gain access to cloud-based services, a user must create an account either on their PC or mobile device, and then purchase the desired virtual machine from the available options.
- To connect to Remote Desktop, a simple setup process must be completed on both a Mac and an Android device.
- To use Ar Welder, all you need to do is download the Chromebook, if you don’t have one, install the arc welding extension, then add the APK file of the Android app you want to run.
Using BlueStacks, an Android emulator, desktop plugins, cloud-based services, and Arc Welder are just some of the methods available to run Android apps on a Mac.
The choice ultimately comes down to the user’s choice and requirements, as each technique has its own distinct advantages and characteristics. While some frequent issues may occur when using this technique, most of the time they can be resolved with minor updates or tweaks.
Mac users can simply use their favorite Android apps on their computers without any disruption to their operating system thanks to the wide range of solutions available.