This cookies and cream cheese ice cream turns your favorite ice cream flavor into a creamy, protein-packed dessert. Exactly 19g of protein per serving.
Cottage cheese ice cream flavor
You all loved our Blackberry Cheesecake Curd Ice Cream, so it’s time for another variety of curd ice cream. Let’s make these amazing cream cookies and cream cheese ice cream in a food processor.
Why will you like it?
4 easy to find ingredients
Tastes like cookies and ice cream.
The ingredients you need
- cottage cheese The star ingredient in cottage cheese ice cream is obviously the cottage cheese. We recommend full-fat cottage cheese, such as 4%.
- maple tree we use maple as a sweetener, but you can also use honey, agave, or cane sugar.
- Vanilla extract. a little vanilla goes a long way to spice up the flavor of this cookies and cream ice cream.
- Oreo cookies. it wouldn’t be cookies and cream ice cream without some crushed oreo cookies, right?
Blackberry Cheesecake Curd Ice Cream
You will absolutely love our Blackberry Cheesecake Ice Cream. It seriously tastes like cheesecake.
get the recipe
Cookies and Cream Curd Ice Cream – 3 ways.
- Frozen yogurt soft serve. love cookies and cream soft serve? Us too. You will pour the mixture into a large plastic bag before refrigerating for 2 hours. This will allow you to scoop the cookies and cream ice cream out of the bag into a plate or cone.
- ice cream For ice cream consistency, chill the mixture in a baking pan or any freezer container for 4 hours.
- Freezer shell. freezer crust is so much fun! Spread the mixture on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and top with crushed oreos and any other toppings you like (we like a drizzle of peanut butter) before chilling for 4 hours before cutting the crust into pieces.
How to Make Cookies and Cream Curd Ice Cream
mix the ingredients
Place the cottage cheese, maple syrup, and vanilla in a high-speed food processor. Process on high until creamy. This should take about 2-4 minutes.
Add the Oreos to the food processor and pulse to break them up. We prefer larger cookies and cream pieces, but feel free to flavor to your liking.
Freezing ice cream
- For frozen yogurt consistency, transfer the mixture to a large plastic bag. Remove the air from the bag and put it in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- For consistency of ice creamtransfer the mixture to a baking dish or freezer-safe container, cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- For the consistency of the crust of the freezerSpread the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Serve and ENJOY!
- For frozen yogurt, cut the corner of the plastic bag and pipe the frozen yogurt into a cup or cone. YUM!
- For ice creamlet it melt for about 15 minutes, and then pour the ice cream into a bowl.
- For freezer shellCut the frozen crust into pieces before serving.
Looking to upgrade your blender? Check out our favorite Vitamix Blender. It’s our favorite high-speed blender, perfect for making smoothies, soups, and nut butters.
What kind of cottage cheese should I use?
We recommend avoiding low-fat cottage cheese (~2% or 4%) for this recipe for several reasons.
- texture. full-fat cottage cheese has less water/moisture, making the texture more like ice cream and less like frozen pop or sorbet.
- taste full fat cottage cheese will give this a true cheesecake flavor.
When it’s time to freeze your custard ice cream, feel free to transfer it to a loaf pan, or as we did, right back into the custard container.
Store your cookies and cream cheese frosting in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
- 22:00 ounce 2% cottage cheese
- ½: glass maple juice or taste more
- 2: teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 o’clock Oreo cookies + to fill more
Add the curds, maple syrup and vanilla extract to a high-powered food processor and process until creamy. This may take 2-4 minutes depending on the food processor.
Once the mixture is creamy, add the Oreos to the food processor and pulse until the Oreos begin to break up into pieces. We like to keep ours chunky, but you can mix them up as much as you want.
Transfer the mixture to a large plastic bag for the consistency of frozen yogurt. Remove the air from the bag and put it in the refrigerator for 2 hours. For ice cream consistency, transfer mixture to pan or refrigerated container, cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
Take the ice cream out of the freezer. For frozen yogurt, cut off the corner of the plastic bag. Make sure the hole is big enough for the cookie pieces, but small enough for the piping. Pipe frozen yogurt into a cup or cone. For the ice cream, let it melt for about 15 minutes, then pour the ice cream into a bowl.
Top with more crushed oreo cookies and enjoy immediately.
Tips & Notes:
- The more high-fat cottage cheese is used, the less watery or “icy” the ice cream will be.
- Feel free to replace the Oreo cookies with your favorite cookie.
- Maple syrup can be replaced with honey or agave syrup. If using agave syrup, start with ¼ cup rather than ½ cup and increase from there.
Calories. 379will you Carbohydrates. 50is protein: 19:00is fat elevenis fiber. 1:is sugar: 38:is